THE MARCUS BAUM CLIENT CHARTER
Our Client Charter is your guide to what to expect from us in terms of Customer Care:
- put your interests first when representing you;
- be polite and considerate in our dealings with you;
- find out from the start what you are hoping to achieve, and aim to make sure that your expectations are realistic;
- make every effort to explain things clearly, and in terms you can understand, keeping jargon to a minimum;
- agree with you the type of service you can expect to receive;
- tell you who will be handling your work; explain what the costs are likely to be;
- keep you informed of costs throughout, so you can work out if following a particular course of action makes sense financially;
- respond swiftly to your letters and phone calls;
- tell you about any developments and update you on progress as works proceeds;
- give you a clear bill which shows the work done and the amount charged;
- treat all clients fairly, and not discriminate against anyone; because of his or her race, sex, age, sexual orientation (sexuality) or disability;
- keep what you tell us confidential, and refuse to act for anyone else if doing so could compromise that confidentiality.
How you can help us
You can help us to do our best for you by telling us what we need to know and providing documents when we ask for them.
- Please bring all relevant papers with you when we ask to see you. If you are not sure, bring what you think might help us.
- Please tell us if you have any special needs relating to the service you want to receive.
- Please tell us at the start what you expect of us so that we can agree with you what it is possible to achieve.
- Please tell us immediately if your expectations change.
- Please tell us if you have personal time limits or targets which would not be obvious to us.
- Please make sure that you always understand what we have discussed. If you are not sure, please tell us.
- Please contact us quickly if we ask for instructions, documents or information.
- Please tell us if you change address or phone number, or if your circumstances change in a way that may affect the way we deal with your case.
PLEASE NOTE: Other legal and professional duties may occasionally affect the ability of your solicitor to meet all these standards. For example, the legal duty to release information about money laundering or the solicitor’s duty to the court can override the duty of confidentiality or the duty to put your interests first.