- Marcus Baum is committed to being a socially responsible business.
- This policy describes our procedures for achieving outcomes where we have a positive impact on all the communities in which we work.
Our people and our offices
- The people who work in the business are our most valuable assets. Our objective is to ensure that these people are of the highest calibre and we strive to achieve this through our procedures undertaken pursuant to and recorded in our written office policies in particular those relating to:
- Equality and diversity
• Training and development
• Recruitment (including recruitment of trainee solicitors)
• Health and safety
- We recognise the importance of a sensible work/life balance. Target hours have therefore been fixed at realistic and attainable levels. Holiday allowances are generous and all staff are encouraged to take their full entitlement. We arrange and/or support social events and encourage all in Marcus Baum to participate.
- We are committed to obtaining the recognition of Investors In People.
Our clients (and others)
- We recognise that it is of the utmost importance that all clients (and others e.g. suppliers) are treated fairly and with respect and that the needs of clients are clearly understood and met. We strive to achieve this through our procedures undertaken pursuant to and recorded in our written office policies in particular those relating to:
- Equality and diversity
• Client care
Our Local Community
- We are committed to engagement with the local communities in which we work and are constantly exploring new opportunities to develop our links with them and to provide assistance wherever possible.
- Our activities are reviewed on a monthly basis (see below – “monitoring”) but the following is a summary of the areas in which we are involved at the date of this plan.
- We have a commitment to the protection of the environment in which we all live.
- We recycle a number of items including printer toner, batteries, plastics and cardboard.
- Our policy in relation to emails is to encourage the members of Marcus Baum and the recipients of emails to consider the environment before printing them (a message to this effect appears on all out-going emails).
- The COLP has overall responsibility for this policy.
- So as to ensure that it remains in effective operation across the business we will review this policy on a regular basis, at least annually.